Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Taking a break

I've finally gotten a break from work. Last year was a busy year it seems. I had started working at a new place, and was unable to take many holidays due to work shortages and the fact that most holiday times were already taken by those more senior than me. I accumulated lots of overtime as well that I banked through the year. My boss told me that I should use them up as they don't carry them over from year to year. I could have chosen to get paid out, but opted for some time off. I'm now off this week and really loving it! Although I'm not getting a chance to sleep in because I'm driving my daughter to school, and my wife to work each morning. I'm surprised that they didn't get me a cap and a T-shirt that had 'Chauffeur' written on it this Christmas. However, after dropping them off, the rest of the day is ALL mine.
So far, I haven't done much of anything. Everyone should take a do-nothing holiday once in a while!
I've put all the Christmas things back in storage and now it seems like there's a big gaping hole where the tree was. I'd love to rearrange the room, but I'm on holidays right now.
We have a high definition TV and I've watched a couple of movies. I've caught up on emails and surfed the net. I'm currently planning a wood project that I'm creating for my daughter. I'm only in the design stages for now. I was going to head down to Home Depot to buy some materials, but never made it. Details of this project will probably show up in a future post...if it turns out, and I'm not ashamed to post the final outcome. I'm not that skilled with woodworking, so this will be a real experiment on my part.
I practiced a bit on the guitar as well today. I'm self taught on the guitar and I've also self taught my ears not to criticize what they hear. My ears are on holidays too..I didn't want to torture them too much, so I didn't play for long.

No comments: