Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Our New Years Disaster

This Christmas season has been a busy one for me. I worked graveyard shift right through the Christmas week. I also worked New Years Day as well.
Our New Years Eve plans did not go as planned. We were supposed to go out and usher in the New Year at our friends place, but changed our minds when we discovered to our horror, that our fridge had stopped working. We spent a couple of hours in a panic, moving some food to our chest freezer downstairs and throwing out the bulk of the food that had thawed out and was spoiled in the fridge. I wasn't going to take any chances with getting food poisoning.
New Years Day I went to work, while my wife went shopping to find us a new fridge. I joined up with her after work and we searched the remaining few stores that happened to be opened that day. We did manage to narrow our search down to a couple of models we both liked and I made plans to return the next day to talk to the salesman.
So, today, after some wheeling and dealing, I bought a matching fridge and stove for our place. I was lucky enough to get them at the commercial discounted price rather than retail due to a referral from a friend, who put me in touch with the sales person.
What you see to the right are the dead and dying appliances that we currently own. These are both at least 20 years old. The stove's clock and timer stopped working a couple of years ago. I prefer to use our small toaster oven rather than this poor excuse for an oven. You can't even see the fridge with all the magnets and stuff we've added over the years! Is it a fridge or a bulletin board?
They'll be delivering our new appliances on Friday, so I'll post some pictures of the new ones when they arrive. So you'll have to tune in then to see what I ended up buying. You'll be impressed when you see them, I'm sure of that!

No comments: