Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sick, Soup and Soccer

This weekend was not one of my better ones. I should have been at work this weekend, but due to illness, I spent all of Saturday in bed. I slept for 24 hours, getting up only for the washroom and some homemade soup. I couldn't stay up for long because I was having dizzy spells coupled with nausea.
I was stable enough today to venture out to see a doctor. I was diagnosed with vertigo and prescribed some medication to help with the symptoms. I always associated the word Vertigo with an old Hitchcock movie in the past, but doing a google search brought up lots of information on vertigo.
The weather today was sunny and cold, a great day for soccer, and I was up to seeing my daughter play the first soccer game of the year. There had been a long break in the season due to the lousy weather we had last year.
Below are two pictures: one from the game, and a blurry one taken while waiting with my wife at the pharmacy for my drugs.

No comments: