Friday, January 12, 2007

Blogger is a Clogger


I think it may be time to hit the road around here.
This Blogger account has been acting weird lately. Load times are increasing slow and there are a few glitches as well. My post from Wednesday was duplicated three times in a row for some strange reason. I've deleted those posts. I've had this blog for almost two months now and have learned quite a bit about blogging and the blogger community. I've discovered quite a few great blogs out there that I read regularly, and have gotten some ideas from them that I'd like to implement on my own blog. I'm thinking of moving my online thoughts to another blog provider. I'm leaning towards Wordpress or Livejournal, but haven't made up my mind yet. Until I decide, I'll continue to post here. Anything I create will be for my own consumption and amusement, but if you have any advice, leave a comment or email me. I'm open to suggestions.

2 comments:

datter said...

I completely vote for Wordpress. I've used blogger in the past, including relatively recently in fact but I kind of gave up on it. Wordpress is just so much more flexible, especially if it's self hosted. Granted the hosted option at www.wordpress.com is good too, and it's a great spot to try Wordpress on for size... but if you host it on your own server someplace, it's about as extendable as it gets.

I'm actually hosting my blog on a free host of all things (ad free and everything) which is working out very well. Send me a note if you want some more info about it, so I don't have to clog up your blog with an even longer comment. :)

datter

Rico said...

Thanks for the info.
I'll send you an email.