Monday, April 2, 2007

Waiting to Wii


What does someone have to do to get a Wii these days?
It seems that they're still hard to come by at the stores..in fact, I've given up looking for them a loong time ago. I'm not the type to stand in line for hours or days to get one. If it's not in stock then I'll be patient. Last time I tried getting one about a month and a half ago, I was told that stores would have plenty of stock by April. Well, it looks like Nintendo has played an April Fools joke on those of us that don't have one yet as I haven't seen a single one in stores or even in bogus Future Shop ads. Those are the ads where they show an item in the flyer, but that item is no where to be seen within 100 miles/kilometers of any of their stores. Sorry, but I haven't fallen for that ploy for about 8 years now, since you suckered me into your store with the promise of a very low priced hard drive that didn't exist. Best Buy, you're just as guilty, so don't look so smug.
Anyway, back to the Wii. There's a contest on this website called Uneasysilence that is giving away a Wii, no questions asked. There is one catch however, which is why I'm writing about my Wii experiences. If you want to find out more, then check out the contest. You have till April 6th to enter.