Thursday, April 19, 2007

Rush to Work, Rush to Home

I headed off to work early this morning as I always do. I'm usually out the door by 6:30am long before my family is awake. Today was no exception.
I was on my coffee break at work when I received a message that my wife was urgently trying to get a hold of me. I gave her a call and find out that my daughter is at school and has been vomiting and having serious cramps.
I quickly go to my boss and inform her that I have to leave to pick up my daughter from school. As I head out, I find out from my wife that she has contacted our neighbour to have her drop by the school to pick up our daughter. I get home just as they pull up to the front door too. My daughter looks fine when I see her, but she is physically drained. I give her some Advil, and she goes to lie down where she falls asleep in no time.
I'm sure that everyone at work is wondering what happened to me, as I left fairly quickly without saying goodbye to many there. My mind wasn't on the job at that point, but was preoccupied with all kinds of thoughts and it was flying to the school ahead of my body, as I'm sure it would have for most parents.

No comments: