Saturday, May 5, 2007

The Chef is in the House

Tonight was a fun night. Our church organized a dinner dance and I was the person in the kitchen running the show. There were almost 200 people that showed up for dinner, and the small crew that were assembled in the kitchen really had to hustle to get all the food cooked and served up on time. I delegated the job positions of the volunteers, while I cooked the main dish of Spaghetti and Meatballs as well as the vegetables.
Everything ran extremely well and all that came had a great time.

I'm back to working the night shift again this week, so I didn't get much sleep yet, but I feel good that I was able to do my small part in raising money for our parish.
I would have like to take a few photos, but I was extremely busy during the dinner rush, and I didn't want to risk dropping my camera in the tomato sauce!

No comments: