Thursday, May 24, 2007

Ubuntu for the masses


I received a package in the mail today from Ubuntu. I had requested free Linux CD's a while back for the new version of Ubuntu that was released this month. I opened the package and found 3 CD's (2 for x86 systems and 1 for 64 bit PCs). They also threw in some Ubuntu stickers to customize my PC if I desire to. If you want to order your own free Ubuntu Cd's, just head over to this site and sign up. https://shipit.ubuntu.com/
It may take a while to get them however, so be prepared to wait. I wasn't that patient waiting for them. I didn't think they'd arrive, so I went ahead and burnt myself a copy of Ubuntu that I downloaded from their site. I burnt the DVD this week and the package arrived today! How's that for timing. I haven't had a chance to install it just yet, but I did test it out as a Live CD and I'm impressed.

No comments: