Sunday, March 11, 2007

Rain, Reading and Refreshment

It's been a rainy weekend.









What better way to spend the day than a trip to the library.
My daughter convinced us to head downtown to the central branch, since it's been a while since we visited. The Vancouver library main branch is a unique structure. It's appearance is similar in design to the Roman coliseum. It's a great architectural masterpiece for the city. I love the design and the layout of the place. We spent the afternoon there and checked out several books before heading home.

We stopped off at Casa Gelato on the way home and treated ourselves to some delicious gelato which would have been a perfect way to chase away the rainy day blues, but we had no blues today. It was a great way to spend the day.









Our last stop was at a Japanese supermarket where we picked up some supplies including some sushi for my lunch at work tomorrow.

I've provided some links and some photos so that you can retrace my steps and spend a virtual day with me as well.
And you don't even need to bring your umbrella!
Enjoy your Gelato!

No comments: