Sunday, February 11, 2007

Scanning for a scanner

I have a ton of slides and prints that I have taken over the years, that I would love to convert to digital. I've been searching for some time now for an affordable way to convert them and still retain their quality. True film scanners are way too expensive for the amount of slides I own, and the flatbed scanner types probably wouldn't do a good enough job to satisfy my needs. I have an old Visioneer scanner hooked up to my old computer. It will only work with Windows 98, which is why I haven't used it on my main computer.
The other day, I pulled out some old photos, and out of curiousity, I scanned them to see what I would end up with. I uploaded them to my webspace, and was able to retrieve them on my computer. Here are a couple of birds that I saw while I was in Australia, including a Kookaburra sitting in an old gum tree! I also scanned a photo of me hiding in a baobob tree. The photo quality on the old scanner isn't too bad for blogging, but I know I'll need a better one for my archival purposes.


No comments: